Stepping Stones is a non-profit making organisation set up to provide pre-school education to under 5’s. We are proud to provide an Ofsted rated ‘Outstanding’ quality of education at the fraction of the price of most other settings, offering local families excellent value for money. If you have any queries about our fees, please contact us.
The Pre-school is a non-profit making organisation set up to provide Pre-school education to under 5’s. In order for the group to be financially viable:-
- Early Education funding from the government is currently available to children from the start of the term after their third birthday. Funding covers a 3 hour Pre-school session and is available for a total of 15 hours per week per child, for a period of 38 weeks each year. Funded hours can also be used for the lunch club session. Early Education funding from the government is currently available to children at the start of the term after their third birthday and is claimed in September, January and April. Please note funding is only given for 38 weeks of the year, charges will be made for any additional days that we may be open and any hours over and above the allocated 15 hours per week.
- In some cases, Early Education funding can be accessed for children who are two years old. There are very specific requirements which need to be met for this funding. If you think you may be eligible for this, please speak to the Play Leader or your Health Visitor. Information can also be found on the North Somerset web pages.
- The government funding of 3 hours per session will cover a morning session from 10 am – 12.10 pm or an afternoon session from 12.10 pm – 3.10 pm. However, we are able to offer some flexibility, when children attend more than one setting and do not take up their full entitlement with that setting. These circumstances need to be discussed on an individual basis and therefore it is essential that you do so with the Play Leader.
- Lunch club sessions of an hour in length are charged for separately. However, these hours can also be included within your Early Education Funding, as long as your overall claim is within the allocated 15 hours per week.
Fees – Effective 1 September 2016
Session rate for chargeable sessions for funded children –
(those receiving the Free Early Education for 3 and 4 year olds)
£13.50 per three hour session.
Government funding covers 38 weeks of the year. We will endeavour to spread the cost of any additional sessions through the year, so that we do not charge additional days all at once. (Remember, this affects only those who exceed the 15 hours entitlement per week)
In addition, we will request a voluntary donation of £15 towards materials for all children accessing the early education funding per term.
Session rate for un-funded children
(before qualifying for the Free Early Education for 3 and 4 year olds)
£13.50 per three hour session.
Prior to children accessing the nursery education funding, we will charge a materials fee of £5 per term.
When children start, they will be charged a £10 administration fee on their first invoice
Lunch club sessions are additional to the Pre-school session and are charged at £4.50.
This means that a full 4 hour session, including lunch club would cost
- £18.00 for an un-funded child, which equates to £4.50 per hour
This amounts to amazing value for money, outstanding high quality educational child care at the fraction of the price of most other settings.
2 sessions per week at £13.50 per session = £27.00 per week (approx £108.00 per month)
3 sessions per week at £13.50 per session = £40.50 per week (approx £162.00 per month)
4 sessions per week at £13.50 per session = £54.00 per week (approx £216.00 per month)
5 sessions per week at £13.50 per session = £67.50 per week (approx £270.00 per month)